What kind of pool steps will work with my pool???

May 17, 2012
Dunn, NC
I want to buy entry steps for my pool but am not sure what kind will work with my pool since it has slightly sloped sides near the bottom edge of the pool. It is a Splash Superpool and I believe, by looking at pictures, the sides would be comparable to the Intex Ultra Frame pools. The steps will be attached to the deck that fully surrounds the pool. I am wanting a wedding cake style step, despite algae problems associated with them. My concern is ordering something online (no local pool store) and then not being able to use them. The hassle and cost of trying to return them would be too much. Anyone have suggestions of steps that will work with my pool?

Here you go. A side shot of the steps. Sent them via PM too.

steps.jpg

Well, I know this post is 4 months old but I wanted to let it be known that after no other suggestions, I ended up purchasing the steps that Glock recommended in the above picture. They are called The King staircase and are manufactured by Merlin. They have been very nice to use and have worked well with our Splash Superpool. The angled back edge was perfect for our sloped sides. We used 9 airtight jugs filled with cement at 10 pounds each to weigh it down and it is very stable. Even several kids at a time playing on them doesn't cause them to move. As far as algae goes, we have not moved the steps this summer to see what may be growing under them due to them being bolted to the deck. I suspect if there is any algae when we remove them this week, it will not be much as our water has been crystal clear the entire summer and we have seen no algae around the edges of the steps. The only thing negative I can say about them if you want to call it that is the raised tread on the tops of the steps is a little more pronounced than I like. It's not that they "hurt", but I am definitely aware of them when stepping on them. No one else that uses the pool seems to notice though. Just thought I would post in case it may help someone else. Thanks Glock!!

You are more than welcome. I was happy to help. They are great steps. I agree about the feel of the steps though. The texture is good but those ridges are hard on even the most sturdy of feet. I know they are there for rigidity but they take some getting used too. I think they could be a bit less pronounced and still serve their purpose.

Last year I had two algae outbreaks and I though for sure these would be a nightmare. They clean up very easily. I only scrubbed the bottom once during treatment. I have decided to not close my pool anymore so thankfully I don't have to remove them anymore. I have moved them this year but because it stays so dark under them algae has gotten a foothold at all. I am really impressed by them. Of course, for the cost, they better be good. lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.