Speakers

RowdyC

May 4, 2013
Norman, Ok
I'm not really a speaker/stereo guy, but I want to have some speakers outside, around the pool. I have some Bose surround sound speakers not being used (with the new house when purchased), will they sound okay hooked to a stereo system? Just not sure how SS speakers work vs. regular stereo speakers music wise.

Thanks

I don't know what type they are other than Bose. They are mounted from the ceiling in the "back" of the viewing area. They will be mounted under the covered patio, protected from sun and 97% of rain...some blowing rain may hit them from time to time.

The stereo unit would just be some old Sony or whatever the kids have left in the garage thru the years. I might consider buying a new one that was compatible with iPhone/auxiliary input.

They make outdoor speakers, designed to handle the humidity and rain. I can't really suggest you using indoor speakers outside.

I have these mounted outside... http://www.jamo.com/speaker-types/outdoor/?sku=I-O8A2

My first set lasted 4.5 years and then the speakers blew, they replaced them under warranty. Mine are mounted under my eves, but get sun and blowing rain.

The best forum on the web for stereo's is http://www.avsforum.com/f/159/outdoor-theaters

Those guys know their stuff.

IF you start researching new stereo receivers prepare to have your mind BLOWN. Most require them to be and integrated part of your entertainment system, and require them to be hooked up to a TV to set the 1 million possible settings. Sure you can get something that is much simpler.

My fairly new stereo receiver runs my living room setup AND my outdoor set of speakers. I can be watching TV inside and playing different music outside.

If you decide to try and integrate your itunes, you can hook up your computer to your stereo and then use your iphone to control everything.....talk about sweet.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.