Chicago, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Took the day off to open my pool today. In my old set up, the pump discharge was on the side so I was able to connect it directly to the filter inlet. However, the new pump has the discharge on the top, so no direct connection is possible. It is not a long run of course, but what is the best way to make this connection? I've not worked much with pvc or plumbing but am reasonably handy....

Here is a picture. Thanks for the help as always!

Attachments

• 055.JPG
    055.JPG
    445.4 KB · Views: 73
Why such a large pump? Likely could have gotten something smaller that would have been cheaper to run.

In any case, I think a lot of the Waterway pumps can be changed to have side discharge ... although I am not 100% sure if your can be or not. What is the specific model number of the pump?

Yeah, I probably could have gotten away with a 3/4HP, but I was coming down from a 2HP that I inherited, so I settled for 1HP. Couldn't help it! Also, I am contemplating adding solar heat and it may have to be a longish run, so wanted to ensure I had enough.

It does appear that it's possible to turn to the side, but the manual says nothing one way or another and I am reluctant to take things apart since it is new. Model # on the actual pump is ps-10-1N11CB. I could not find any manuals online other than the 4 page one that it came with, which is here.

http://www.waterwayplastics.com/manuals ... 3.1108.pdf

Oh, I saw the 2HP in the sig, so thought that was what you got ... the 1HP is a big step in the right direction :goodjob:

Yeah I tried the PSP 1100 number as well and did not find any documentation on if you can and how to rotate the volute. I would personally just start pulling it apart and see if it is obvious.

Dave - it's just a simple hayward voyager swim pro cartridge filter so I don't believe there is a multiport.

Jason - thanks for the advice. To close the loop on this topic, I was hesitant to just start pulling it apart given my lack of experience, so ended up calling waterway. They connected me to a guy who sounded like he was building pumps in the back room as we spoke and he directed me to 4 through screws to pull out from the back (dry end) of the pump. After removing those I could rotate the discharge, though the basket turned with it. After a bit more inspection I found that removing the lid and pump basket exposed a horseshoe shape clip that once removed allowed me to pull out the basket and re-orient it, allowing a direct connection to the filter.

Except, the discharge was a slightly different size than my old pump so the existing union did not connect them. I contemplated just going back to my old pump until I could get the proper connection (figuring it would need to be ordered) but then decided to hit a few local hardware stores and pool stores with no luck. Finally, as I was about to give up I remembered that there were a number of larger pool stores in the area (several American Sales, Leslies, etc) so made some phone calls and finally found someone who had the part and now I am all hooked up and open.... except for some very minor leaks here and there, but those are for another time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.