VA2AZ

Mar 4, 2013
Avondale AZ
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Saline Generating Systems Breeze 540
I have a Paddock IG pool, 12.5k gal, has five returns. Two on deep end, one each side and one by steps in shallow end. The return right in front of the drain basket is not returning. The eyeball and lock ring are off to make sure it was not the eyeball. Nothing is coming out. ??
The return by the steps causes the filter pressure to rise to about 19-20 psi with the eyeball in. When I took over this house, there was no eyeball in it, and pressure was about 12psi. As soon as I put an eyeball in it, the pressure goes to 19-20psi.?
Filter has new sand as of last July. Have backflushed as of this morning.
Any suggestions to either challenge would be greatly appreciated. :-D

IG 12.5k gal, plaster, pop-up cleaning, 1hp whisper for filter, 1 hp whisper for cleaning.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I am guessing the hole by the skimmer basket is not actually a return, it is likely an equalizer line connected to the bottom of the skimmer. Look under the basket and there should be 2 holes. With the pump on, it should be obvious which hole goes to the pump. Try running a hose down the other one and you should get water into the pool.

Those pressures sound fine.

Please add your pool details and location as described HERE as it will help us help you.

jblizzle said:
:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Those pressures sound fine.

It makes sense for the one by the basket. Probably previous owner took the stair eyeball and put it there, maybe? Because it does not sound like it needs one, correct?

So, do I put in the eyeball at the stairs and have a new operating psi of 19-20?
Or, do I leave it out and keep the pressure at 12psi?

Except for the one below the skimmer, they should all likely have eyeballs in them so you can better direct the flow. The higher pressures are fine.

There are also different sized eyeballs ... the smaller the hole the higher the pressure and velocity of water coming out of the jet.

Thank you very much.
All of the eyeballs were really ugly looking (probably original) and the boss directed that there be new. I made sure the replacements were the same size.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.