Solar Fish Question

May 14, 2008
Couple questions on these..

First off, ya I got them :( I wanted to try them since it seems to be split 50\50 if they work well.

My pool is about 950 sq. feet for those of you that have them.. Should i stick 2 turbos in there?

Also, do you guys take them out during the day or just leave them in there 24/7?

Should I be able to feel the little motor running all the time?

Thanks for the help

According to the literature for these one fish is good for about 400 sf. So you will probably need two of them, both with the wire cut. They need to be in the pool 24/7. The pump only runs for a short time every few hours. And then only when in the water. They have a sensor that detects when the fish is submerged in water.

Ok thanks.. The package says cut the wire if its over 400 ft (The turbo) so you think i need 2 still?

Dang, I beat the heck out of mine today thinking it was bad since I didnt hear the motor running. Is there anyway to tell if the thing is still working?

Remove the fish from the water, leave out for a while. Then place back in to the pool holding it by the pump housing. You should feel the pump run for a few seconds. If not, the batteries are dead. Cut open the plastic and dump the liquid into your pool.

If I cut open the plastic and dump the liquid into the water, how long will that last? Its day #2

How long should i keep it out of the water for?

Attachments

• pool_parts_uniclor_chlorine_generator.pdf
    200.6 KB · Views: 2
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.