Anyone ever try the liquid solar covers....

I think if there is absolutely no wind, they can help reduce evaporation ... add some wind and all bets are off.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

I had to look that up to see what you were talking about. I'm not sure I'd want a layer of anything across the top of my pool while swimming in it. I found this review interesting:

There is much more dead little bugs, insects and particularly the household flies, on the surface of the pool. I suspect this substance kills the bugs by suffocation. The insect, upon contacting the water with Cover Free, is quickly covered by a thin layer of film which blocks its respiratory system. Usually, these insects should be able to 'stand' or park on the surface of untreated water and then fly away after having their sip.

My wife would kill me if there were more bugs in the pool, so that would cross it off for me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.