Solar Cover Puller

NullQwerty

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 23, 2008
Hey folks,

Do they make a solar cover puller? Something to make it easier for 1 person to put the cover back on? I'm thinking something that looks like a long bar that attaches to the end of your cover and has a string on each end that meets in the center. Please see my crude drawing below as that best explains it. Do they make anything like this or anything at all to make it easier for 1 person to get it back on?

Thanks

**EDIT: He's not flying a kite or waving a flag. He's pulling the cover back on. One day my art will be appreciated.

Attachments

• solarcoverpuller.jpg
    solarcoverpuller.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 121
cramar said:
The Solar Roller Coverstick

http://solarfactory.com/

No idea if they are any good.

Thanks...that's more of a solar reel though, designed for pools that can't support a traditional solar reel. I have a solar reel and it makes taking it off easy. Getting it back on is easier with it, but it's still difficult for 1 person. You have to run back and forth to each side of the pool. I don't have a problem with it, but when I'm at work and my wife is alone with our 7 month old, it's a bigger deal, which is why I'm trying to solve it. Thanks for the help though

If they make an adhesive that can glue the solar cover back onto itself, you could glue in a piece of capped PVC (which would float) by folding the cover back over itself a little bit with PVC inside. Then just attache a rope to either end like your drawing. 18ft long piece of PVC would flex some however. So if you added a rope in the middle as well it should all be good. You'd eat up some of your solar cover gluing in the pipe.....

NullQwerty said:
**EDIT: He's not flying a kite or waving a flag. He's pulling the cover back on. One day my art will be appreciated.

I appreciate it.....along with the comment it made me chuckle so hard I almost woke the little one up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.