paver placement and moving legs on Intex

Jun 27, 2012
I installed an 18'x48" intex last year, i put pavers under each leg, over the course of the summer the legs have moved off the pavers, i am in the process of draining the pool to get the legs back on them. My question is should i move the paver to where the pool wants the leg or where i want the leg? How much effort should i put into keeping the legs straight or is it strong enough where the pool wants them. The rope that came with it is worthless, i am going to do the tie down method to hold the legs at the bottom, how much stress really should be on that or is it a just in case to to prevent failure?

The trick for me with pavers was to straighten out the liner and try to center it with the pavers. Last year I had 2 pavers end up almost completly under the pool because I didnt adjust the liner.
This year I centered the bottom of the liner with the pavers and the pool is full and every leg is on a paver.

Note: I also set the frame up legs and all without the liner then got the legs level sideways and front to back before marking for pavers.

How much movement on the posts is normal, if it settles 1-2 inches from where i had it should i be worried? I had a post move about 3" over the course of last year. Should i use tie downs to keep them in place or just let the pool settle where it wants?

I put mine on the front edge of the pavers closest to the pool so if the legs do kick out at all they have plenty of room.

I also used old metal putty knives and a hammer to cut the area out for the paver clean. Last year I dug out a spot with a shovel for pavers and the outer edges of the paver under the pool indented because they weren't tamped enough, so I figure a clean cut line will help avoid the indents. Thats also the reason I tried to get the legs on the edge of the pavers.

Edit: Also try to have 2 people to get the liner centered with the pavers. I had my wife inside the empty pool pushing the liner around while I made sure the legs went in the right places and to help guide her in working the liner in the right direction. We are picky and it made it easier to get the wrinkles out having 2 of us.

pensfan76 said:
How much movement on the posts is normal, if it settles 1-2 inches from where i had it should i be worried? I had a post move about 3" over the course of last year. Should i use tie downs to keep them in place or just let the pool settle where it wants?

Thats sounds just like what I encountered and I think it was due to me just throwing the pool up and putting the legs on the pavers then filling without checking the liner.

I forgot to mention that after you get the liner where you want it fill it up with about 2-3 inches of water and see if it looks ok. if it does then continue filling if not then adjust it again if needed. It can be done with the few inches of water in it or you can try to drain it.

Edit: Also 1-3 inches of movement over the summer isn't anything to worry about, unless it looks wonky or unlevel. I have had 9 kids in my old blue 15x42 and the legs move a bit after all there splashing and jumping around.

I have an inter above the ground pool 18x9 rectangular shape. I put pavers under each leg. One paver on the 9ft side buckled and one on the 18ft side did as well. Now my water level is 3inches off. Do I need to worry, or can I get through the season with this?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.