Northville, Mi
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I just noticed that, if I have the diverter completely to the main drain (a dual), the pressure reading on the top of my filter is about 15. As soon as I open it even one tick to allow the skimmer (and all the way until it is just skimmer), the pressure reading is about 20. I also noticed that the pump basket doesn't seem to fill as much when it's completely on the drain.

Should that be like that? And, if not, what might be making it do that? It almost seems like there's a clog or something in the main drain or line... (but I'm still pretty ignorant about all this stuff...)

That isn't an ideal situation, but it isn't surprising either. The main drain plumbing is restricted to some extent. This could be simply because it uses small pipes, or it might indicate a partial blockage of some kind. Either way it is unlikely you will be able to do anything about it.

Except in special situations you want water to come from both the skimmer and the main drain anyway, so this should be much of an issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.