Newbie needs help with pool

hairco

May 25, 2008
S.C.Myrtle Beach
Hi i am from Mrytle Beach S.C. AND I HAD A F G POOL put in at the ens of the summer.
I put the cover over for the winter I took it off last wk. & man what a mess, so i got a pool man to come clear it up for me
because i am just learning.Well i should of have taken the money i paid him & throwed it in the ocean.He put in shocket & some for algie & i didn't think it was enough but he said it was he vac some & csll me at work & said he had it pretty clear & for me to clean the filter every day for a couple of days well it has been a wl & i am still getting leaves out of the bottom.
So i found the site last night about 12oclock & i was out cleaning my filter at that time & pourning bleach in.
My pool is a 14x32 Fribaglass inground.So i did the bleach about 12.30 sunday night & it is almost clear so when can i put some
more bleach in again? I love this site. Wish i had found it sooner could have save me alot of money.Thanks so much.

Welcome to TFP!

Do you have water test numbers? The best investment you can make in your pool is a high quality water test kit. I recommend the TF Test Kit, and the Taylor K-2006 is also good.

You normally add bleach one a day, preferably in the evening. If you are fighting algae or have some other similar problem you may need to add bleach more often than that. However, to know how much bleach you need to add you need to know your CYA level and the current FC level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.