POOL DOES NOT HAVE A FLAT BOTTOM..ANY IDEAS FOR POOL STEPS??

Mar 17, 2013
Dallas, TX
Hello! I have had nothing but problems since I decided to upgrade to the rectangular Intex pool. Last year we had an Intex 16x48 pool and I did not like the ladder but used it anyhow. This year I decided to upgrade and build a deck and purchase a staircase pool step. I am a newbie to the pool world and was not really sure what a "flat bottom pool" really was. I just assumed I had one :oops: NOPE!! I have a cupped bottom pool and now I am unable to use these steps. I have searched everywhere online to find a solution and have not found one other that using a traditional pool ladder. That idea is not an option since I purchased this pool with my mother in mind. She is unable to walk much due to bad knees and I know she will get much needed exercise in this pool. If only I can find a way to get her in there :p I am hoping someone on here is familiar with my issue or can steer me in the right direction so I can solve this issue and get to enjoying my pool! Thank you in advance for any great advice y'all might have :-D

Re: POOL DOES NOT HAVE A FLAT BOTTOM..ANY IDEAS FOR POOL STE

Hi Linen, I will check on the radius this evening. I like the wedding cake style but I was unaware they had a cut out in the back.Here is a picture of the steps I purchased. The problem I see with these are the back raised section. Im worried that may rub against the cupped area of the pool.

Attachments

• conferplastics_step1_600x600.jpg
    conferplastics_step1_600x600.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 202

Those steps have a pretty good chamfer... just as good or better than the link I posted and the chamfer on my wedding cake steps. One idea might be to put a large shower mat (the kind with little suction cups) to protect the pool surface.

I have posted some shots of my wedding cake stairs and i have a coped edge also and they seem to work really well. They will attach to your deck once it is done.

Thank you johnnysnok for the pictures. My steps will arrive on Friday and the deck will be built on Saturday. I am excited about it and thanks to you and linen I am no longer worried. Thanks a bunch!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.