Intex ultra frame leg loops?

Jul 6, 2010
laconia, NH
Ok first off this is my forth intex pool.

The new loops that the legs go through got my feathers ruffled. I assumed the legs would still go through the vinyl strap that goes around the liner and thats what the manual said also.
I did not need the filter that came with the pool so obviously I had no reason to read the filter manual.
After getting my pool filled and my sand pump running i stumbled upon an insert in the filter manual that says to put the legs on the outside of the big strap and through the smaller loop strap or whatever its called.

My question is, Should I drain and fix the legs or just leave it? the legs are not getting pulled in by the big strap so I would think it would be ok to leave it for the summer? IDK. I wish they put that insert in the pool manual not the filter manual :hammer:
I also wonder if I could leave the pool full and do 1 leg at a time, but I dont think that would work because of the tension on the rope and then trying to get the leg back through the rope, if the pool hasnt collapsed by that point lol
The Wife and kids will not be happy if I got to drain, but if it has to be done it will.

Yeah someone else was on here a couple of months ago asking before filling which side the loops go on and found some obscure reference that the legs go in the loops with the strap on the inside...here it is: http://www.troublefreepool.com/intex-ultra-frame-16x48-t56862.html, sounds like maybe the same insert you found. With that said, since you have it filled and your are not having any issue, I would leave it. Post a pic if you want.

Ive got to put it in my signature...

But i have my third intex...first metal utra frame.

I read threw the thread mention above....and didnt understand why they were having a problem.
Imho....i think I would leave it and think the strap help keep the legs from bending out.
...and my directions and everything ive seen says for metal legs to be inside the straps like you have them.

There seems to be a redesign this year where they added the loops and call for the legs to be outside the strap. I wonder if putting them on the inside (of the redesigned version) will either stretch or over strain that strap. It's hard to tell in the picture, but the legs barely touch the liner this way, and there really isn't much outward force; the loops aren't tight. The rope seems to be doing the retention.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 420
I just bought mine the other day at the "red bullsye". (not sure if its ok to say name....some forums are funny about that)

But mine is a 14' x 42"....so it maybe last years model or size makes it differ?

Ps....your hard plumbing looks awsome!
I really like how you ran it. Ive seen most run down to ground then to pump....which I guess its to help with the weight and be able to walk over....but to me ...your way make more since. Better flow. (?)

Next chance I get I'll write down the model number stamped on the side. We bought ours from target as well. Thank you about the plumbing. I was going to go down then back up with the returns but it just seemed like a waste since it was right there next to the pump. My skimmer and new intake are sent down to the ground (see below). I just finished it last night and had to make a few adjustments (these pics are only dry fit). One change was I put in a 90 so the fountain sat on top of the rail. I initially kept it off, going straight up so that I could still use my cover without issue, but I think this way is better, it's drippings go back into the pool and it holds up that section of pipe.

Oh, one more change, the intex fittings are gone. I couldn't get them to not leak, so I just replaced them with standard AGP fittings.

Edit: I just realized you can see it in the picture, the numbers are "F G01 13 RO (or R0)" I'm guessing that's a date/qc code.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 385
Khaphora said:
There seems to be a redesign this year where they added the loops and call for the legs to be outside the strap. I wonder if putting them on the inside (of the redesigned version) will either stretch or over strain that strap. It's hard to tell in the picture, but the legs barely touch the liner this way, and there really isn't much outward force; the loops aren't tight. The rope seems to be doing the retention.

I checked the strap today and its no tighter than my old blue intex it actually seems a tiny bit looser than my last 2 metal frame pools.

I will just wait until next summer to fix them and keep a good eye on the legs and there position this summer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
hey guys, I have the new model, and I installed the legs inside the belt and the pool is already filled. Have you experienced any problem by doing this ? I've called Intex Customer Support and they have told that is fine, but I had the impression the girl didn't have a clue of what I was talking about LOL. Just want to know if someone already had the legs inside for a few months at lest and confirm there is no issues with the belt or the legs.

This is how I have my legs set. Also mine didnt come with a bottom rope. Only issue I had is one leg just would not fit in the smaller loop. Warmed the loop up and chilled the leg and lubed everything up and it still wouldnt go. So far no issues with the legs at all.

My Intex is a 2015 model. It too has the leg loops outside the pool belt. It did not come with a rope to go around the bottom of the legs. I put my tarp over the pavers that I set for the legs. Over the course of this summer my legs have been slowly working their way off the outside of the pavers. I initially chalked this up to the plastic tarp being slippery, but now I wonder if it is a function of the new design and the lack of a bottom rope?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.