CH Testing -- Light purple

burine

Apr 26, 2013
Phoenix AZ
This CH test is driving me nuts, I just can't seem to get it down. I've read the extended kit directions and I believe that I was hitting the fading endpoint so today I just did the alternate method in the footnotes: I got my 25 mL sample, added 5 drops of R-0012 then continued with the remaining steps, added 20 drops of R-0010 then 5 drops of R-0011L and then continued with the R-0012. I got to 40 drops (plus the original 5) and my water turned a light shade of purple. And....according to the extended directions, purple indicates the fading endpoint again. What does this mean?

I would suggest continuing with the Extended Test Directions to see if that helps:
In extreme cases, a fading endpoint may occur even when adding five drops of R-0012 at the start. If that happens, mix pool water with an equal quantity of distilled water, test that, and then multiply the result by two.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.