Back to Normal

Oct 23, 2012
So I have been reading this site religiously as part of my day. It is now part of my routine, Coffee, online papers, TFP.com check new posts and unread posts.
I have learned a wealth of knowledge, and believe me, I now understand why your first response is Read Pool School.

In all my reading on chemistry, and the posts and answers I have gotten so far, I do have a question.

I understand the schock process and using calculator to come up with numbers, and using my TF100 kit to get true accurate numbers.
I understand that passing the 3 rules of the over night test, no CC and crystal clear water.

Once that is all met, how long does it take to get back down to "normal" conditions, understanding that Normal means completely different things to each and every pool.

Also at what level is it safe to swim in?

Sorry if this was in pool school, but I didn't see any reference to this there, and a search of normal level and shocking returns about 90% of the posts on this forum.

That is going to be pool dependent. CYA level would affect it, sunlight levels, usage after shock completion, daily debris accumulation in your pool etc. My pool takes days to week(s) to drop back down from shock levels but it is because i have it covered unless it is being swam in. It's taking so long right now i almost made a post about what could i dump in my pool to eat up my chlorine so i can test and adjust my PH......

Kinda' recapping what has been posted, it's fine to swim in your pool if the FC level doesn't exceed the shock value posted in the FC/CYA chart.

I have been in my pool MANY times at shock value and have yet to see any fading of swimsuits, etc.

Letting the FC drift back down to normal usually takes a few days but it can vary quite a bit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.