New Pool owner, Glad to be here!

May 6, 2013
Nashville, TN
So last fall I bought a house in rough shape that came with an older in ground pool in the backyard. During my research to relearn what I was originally taught about pool care when I was a lifeguard back in High School/College I stumbled upon this place and found it monumentally helpful. Wanted to stop in and say thanks, and hopefully I won't need too much help since I believe I've started off on the right foot. (Fresh fill with the BBB method from the start) :party:

Erik

PS, it was raining and overcast off and on all weekend but I promise get some pics of the pool up in the next few days if weather and pool cooperate.

First water test this morning was
FC -0
CC or TC - 0
pH - 7.8
CH - 90
CYA - 0

(Hadn't dosed it with anything yet just getting a baseline before I begin)

Yeah, I get it, more chlorine needed. . . I'm pretty good with the Chlorine and PH as I had to keep those in check many years ago when I was a lifeguard for a summer job. The rest of the tests I'm still learning a lot about. The BBB method seems pretty good to me so far and fits my budget for this house ATM. Still seems like a lot of work compared to our other pool but then again there is no bill from a pool company keeping this one up. :mrgreen:

And I found a real "BEFORE" picture that my home inspector sent me from the week before we bought the house.

8718215884_51a9c4dcd8_b.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.