Running pump for first time

geekfamily

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 5, 2013
Metro St. Louis
PB is nearing completion of our build. They will be running the pump for the first time in a week or so. During the build, it was rainy quite a bit, and I saw mud and even a stray rock or two get into some of the plumbing. Also, the main drains had quite a bit of dirt and tree debris fall in them before they trimmed them out.

I am assuming the few rocks will be caught by the pump basket, so not a big deal. However, all the dirt and mud will go straight to my new cartridge filter. Any tips/thoughts on how to prevent? I am thinking about asking the PB if they have any "spare" cartridges they will swap out for the initial start up...then put my new cartridges in thereafter?

Is this necessary...or am I worrying about nothing :)

I think you might be worrying over nothing. I find landscape rocks in my filter basket from time to time and dirt/mud is a constant out here. Now if you saw a fist sized chunk of concrete or rock in there thats different. My cartridge filter does not have a waste option. Congrats on your new pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.