polaris wheels not turning

May 5, 2013
There were a few older threads dealing with this but thought I'd start a fresh one. My Polaris (yes, the same one that wouldn't stay underwater) also decided that its wheels didn't need to turn anymore. Brand new. A few weeks ago I noticed the supply hose to it had become clogged with littles needles that like to come off the tree this time of years. Cleaned the filter on the supply line where it attached to the pool. Problem solved, for a day. Clogged up again. Lots of little needles. This time removed the filter screen. Yes, brainy, I know but problem solved.

Unilt recently when the Polaris quit moving again. It another thread someone said they had to blow out a tiny little hole where water was fed to the impeller. I managed to dissassemble mine, saw that hole and could see it was jammed up with, you guessed it, little needles. Poked it clean with a nail. Problem solved. For now.

CAF

What sort of filter do you have and does it have media in it? Nothing the size of a "little needle" should be getting to the jets. I check the filter on the connection to the pool about once a month, never anything in it.

I also had the tail problem splashing windows. I bought a gadget that plugs on the end of the tail that solved that problem (but now the tail doesn't move a lot)

It's a DE filter. All I know is there are tons of these little needles. Still it's surprisingly they'd get past the filter. But I saw 'em in the crawler blocking up the impeller hole. Unless the booster pump for the crawler pulls pre-filter. Lemme look tonight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.