LED Pool Lighting

Jul 31, 2009
Gonzales, La
Installing a Intellibrite LED light in my upcoming pool build. I was wondering what the difference in the 120V and 12v lights are? Beside the obvious voltage difference. Which would be better or used more by professionals? If I want the light to change color do I need a seperate color controller?

Also would like to add a LED light on the tanning ledge. Any recommendations for this? If color change controller is needed for main pool light can I wire both lights on the same controller?

Thanks,
Todd

12 volt lights are safer, and usually slightly more expensive.

You can change colors without a controller, though it can get tedious. Without a controller you turn the power on and off several times in a row to change modes. Mostly it is not that bad, but some of the less common mode changes require as many as 14 power cycles.

You can mix lights as long as they all come from the same brand/product line and are all wired to the same power switch and they will stay in sync when you change modes.

You need a special light to work on a tanning ledge. The GloBrite from Pentair, and similar lights from other companies are allowed in shallow water, while most lights are not.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.