Finally about to do the pool restoration with Ecosmart epoxy

Jan 5, 2013
My wife and I have talked here and there talking on this forum and a bunch others(mostly my wife). We finally saved up enough and bought a hayward pool de filter to replace the crappy sand filter we have thats a dinosaur and were about to buy the pool coating we decided on to find some suspicious stuff. Heres the problem my wife found this on the BBB saying that ecosmart epoxy is out of business http://www.bbb.org/boston/business-revi ... ri-124061/ and that it also says they are not BBB accredited . We were really set on this cause they said you don't need a primer and after the pool de filter saving money and a step is awesome. Can anyone tell us anything about this company? Really want to get this started before summer heat sets on and it seems just plain odd.

Re: Finally about to do the pool restoration with Ecosmart e

I wouldn't rely on the BBB for much of anything. It's primarily an extortion racket to force businesses to join. If you are a member, you get good ratings, and if you are not, they act like you are guilty based on not being a member.

Thank you for the response we were running around like chickens on the forums no one answered when we called ecosmart. Can you tell us some more about the product it would be appreciated. We found some complaints on the BBB and that has us concerned as well as this article we found about how a primer is needed. This one http://www.prlog.org/12124901-what-is-p ... epoxy.html . it says you need a primer but the ecosmart website says you don't. Very confused would love some info cause even though we dont want to do the extra step we dont want it to fail also.

An update swimcmp who apparently works for ecosmart epoxy never got back to us. We called ecosmart epoxy and was more like calling the IRS during tax season and when we did get hold of someone at ecosmart epoxy we couldn't get our questions answered properly, especially about a primer being needed. So all those complaints on the BBB about ecosmart epoxy are actually worth the digital paper they wrote on glad we looked. If we would have bought the ecosmart epoxy and had no one to answer questions what a nightmare it would've been. So back to square one still looking for a pool coating that will last long so won't have to do it again would be great hesistant after this ecosmart epoxy let down to get a diy pool coating. We have done the research on other pool coatings would love some suggestions or might just get a contractor.

Its a 40X20 rectangle pool fiberglass 3ft to 6ft in new jersey. So any contractors that are reasonably priced in new jersey anyone knows about let us know. Any suggestions on a pool coating that won't have to be redone in at least 5 years preferably never :D it would be appreciated. Was really set on diy to save money and we have some ideas on pool coatings but seems whenever you name a product people are like thats good stuff then it isn't lol.

I do not work for ecosmart. I do use and install their products and have used it for several years with great success. After thirty plus years in the pool business I am not aware of any finish that will last forever. If you will forward your information to me I will pass your info along to the owner of ecosmart. By the way ecosmart is not a diy product. It is very intense to use as it has a limited pot life once it is mixed.

Jake, not to rain on your parade, but we have never, that I can recall, had a positive report from people that have used paint (epoxy or other) in their pool. It just doesnt' last, no matter how carefully you prep the surface. Not requiring a primer just sounds like it will fail even faster. You are much better off saving your money until you can replaster the pool.

Jake I owe you an apology. We are talking about two different companies. I just looked at the bbb site you show. The company I use has a website ecosmartepoxysystems . Two totally different companies.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.