Liquidator... air bubbles in tube, lower PSI at filter &...

Apr 7, 2012
Ok! I finished up my Liquidator install. Overall I'm really happy with how easy it was to install. Obviously I'm still in the process of recording FC and tweaking what to keep it set at. I have a few other questions:

1) Air bubbles in the tubing. When I set the "gauge" to around 2 I get a lot of air bubbles... is this harmful in anyway?
2) Could installing the Liquidator, somehow, cause my pressure to drop significantly? It use to hover around 17psi and now it sits at 12psi?

Thoughts?
Thanks,
Pete

Re: Liquidator... air bubbles in tube, lower PSI at filter &

The fittings are not great and tend to leak air until you fool with them a little. I had to tape the fittings on my flow meter to stop the bubbles.

I was fiddling with it, and I've determined beyond any doubt that the reason for my drop in PSI is that there is an air leak (duh -- as if the air bubbles wouldn't tell me that, right? LOL)...

Ok... off to determine which (if not all) of these POS fitting are the culprit.

Ok... more info.

1) There are A LOT of mini air bubbles on the inside of the box ("clinging" to the inside of the box with water/chlorine)... Not sure where they are coming from... Logic would tell me that they are coming from where water flows into the bin (in other words, they are coming in with the water (obviously). They may be there as a product of the pump itself, but something tells me there is more to it since there has been a reduction in PSI.
2) The quantity of bubbles increases AFTER the gauge.

I have added smaller sized zip ties to each fitting... but the gauge and the bubble remain. (I *may* have noticed a slight improvement in the bubble quantity and the PSI). But nothing drastic.

Ok... I'm done with the machine-gun posts. LOL. Gimmie your thoughts. :)

Just about ready to install mine also...not to hijack but does anyone have a way to eliminate the air bubbles? Better clamping system, some sort of sealant, better fittings etc?? I'd be interested in hearing before I set it all up!

Hey Freedbaby,

I've been reading and it appears that the fittings are pretty crappy -- pure and simple. I plan to undo the barbs that are in the gauge and seal them better as well as see what kind of a vacuum that vacuum side of the system will hold with my MityVac.

If I had to do it again, I think I would pretest all my components BEFORE I hooked it all up.

NOTE:
I will add that one part of the riddle that still confuses me:

If I turn the valve very low, that reduces the flow (obviously), so there is LESS liquid in the tube, which the pump is working hard to suck up. So wouldn't there ALWAYS be some kind of void in the tube in that case?

I haven't been getting much luck with replies here. :(

Pete

Yes! I put my MityVac on it to test the float gauge... I removed the barbs from the float gauge... and sure enough LEAK!
Teflon tape and some pipe dope... and no more leak!!!

My PSI still isn't where it was before I added the unit. I think I may replace some of the other components as well.

I recommend to anyone that should happen upon this thread:

1) Test ALL components BEFORE you install.
2) Wire tie (zip tie) all barbs
3) Perhaps consider some sealant on all barbs? -- I'm considering it.

Overall... it's a nice unit, just cheap parts.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.