How long does your clear solar cover last?

PoolCleanerMom

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 26, 2009
SF Bay Area (Lamorinda), CA
Bought a 12 mil clear bubble cover from Solarcovers.com in August 2011 (thx to recs from folks on this forum) and it worked great but it started getting brittle and cracking in a couple areas towards the end of 2012 and now we have one zone at the reeling end that is sort of disintegrating. We have a new one en route as a warranty replacement but sorta curious as to what kind of lifespan folks are typically getting out of the clear bubble covers (our two previous covers were medium blue and I can't remember how long they lasted but I think we got a full two seasons out of each of them - is it typical for the clear ones to decay faster b/c they heat the water more than the blue ones do?

My last clear cover I got 2.5 years out of it and I am now on my second year with my second clear cover. I think that chlorine levels and sun exposure are probably the two most important components in cover life.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.