Pool cover

Apr 4, 2010
DUMB question:
I haven't covered before and was happy the tarp I bought stayed on now had a lot of rain and tried to pump the water off and low and behold this acts like a wet t shirt and is lowering the pool level water on top stays the same .Dumb question time how do I remove this cover without dumping the trash in the pool :hammer:

I tried to post a pic but I am clueless

Ugh, sounds like there is a tear somewhere. You should get your pole and leaf rake and scoop out as much organic mulch as you can... you can also add bleach to the top of the tarp... probably water underneath is already contaminated. In any event we can help you clear it but get off as much solids as possible. If you have no way to drain the water then your going to get some of the gook in the pool... no way around it.

Thanks much yeah can't see the tear but would seem to have to be there have used the leaf rake but was afraid of tearing more well I had much more on the bottom last year oh well pools aren't work free LOL but worth the effort to see the G kids get water safe and me and the wife tan our old skin floating and relaxing I think I was in by third week May last year I don't like below 77 :eek:) thanks again

rake/ scoop off the junk on top of the cover. Once most of the junk is off the cover pull one side of the cover up and over the other half. Then slowly work the cover to one side. Slowly pull the cover over the edge of the pool until approximately 80% of the cover is out of the pool which should funnel the nasty water and gunk in the center of the last 20% of the cover that's stll floating in the pool. Use a net / skimmer to remove big pieces of stuff. Then use a siphone or an electric pump to suck out the last 25 or so gallons of nasty water out of the bunched up in the pool cover, keep pulling the cover out so that water continues to funnel into the center of the remaining cover. I was able to get all but 1 gallon of water off the cover and then was able to pull the cover up and over the edge of the pool with none of that nasty water falling back into the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.