skimmer basket

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
i have my filter on a timer so every night it goes off the basket will float and when it goes back on in the morning when filter comes back on it upside down. Besides buying a new weighted basket is there any tricks or tips to modify the basket i already have? Thanks

ethany said:
i have my filter on a timer so every night it goes off the basket will float and when it goes back on in the morning when filter comes back on it upside down. Besides buying a new weighted basket is there any tricks or tips to modify the basket i already have? Thanks
Find a rock that's too big to fit in the suction line in case it gets away somehow and drop it in the basket.

Richard320 said:
ethany said:
Find a rock that's too big to fit in the suction line in case it gets away somehow and drop it in the basket.

This is the best answer and used by many here to keep the basket from floating up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.