Sand filter

You need to know the design flow rate for the system to properly size the filter. Your setup is likely to be on the complex side and there are a couple of different ways of doing it so it is difficult to know what size filter you will need until you make some other decisions. I would start by figuring out the number, placement, and style of the jets. Then decide if you need two pumps or not, and if so how things will be split between them. Then you can properly size the filter.

It is very complex. I have had pools built before and have never been totally satisfied and I really need to get it right this time. The pool builders in the town we live in now are not very good and I am not comfortable having them design the pool for me as they just want to dig a rectangle hole and put a little cool deck around it. The pool builders in Phoenix are far better than they are in this small southern Arizona town and they did not get it right.

We basically want a spa with a little extra room to wonder around in. We are not looking for diving, laps, games, etc. 90% of the time we will be sitting in the spa area with the jets on, actually most every night. We are probably going to spend a lot more money on the outside of the pool (ie. deck, walkway, steps, lighting, firepit, etc), so I am not scared of the cost of equipment. I simply want it to work perfectly with the least amount of effort by me. I want real nice controls in the home, pool side and in the equipment room (well house). I want everything to be as automated as possible and the equipment to be the best available.

I have all the pool contractors lined up to do the work. Before we start I need to make sure I have all the equipment lined up so we have a complete plan. Right now I am not sure how to choose the equipment. I have decided on the IntelliTouch automation system, Intelliflow Vf pump or pumps. We have a pretty good idea of the spot for the pool and it looks to me like about 75 feet distance between the pool and equipment. It looks to me that the equipment will be a few feet higher in elevation than the pool. Also there is a small wash running between the pool and equipment so the lines running between will probably have to be buried a few feet further down than normal.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed from here? I can post pictures and pool design if needed.

I suggest you retain a professional pool designer/engineer who is independent of the builder. Sometimes you can find someone who routinely does pool design/engineering independently sometimes you can get a builder from outside your area to do the design and not the build. Another approach is to get your builder to do a detailed work up of the plan and bring that back here for comments. You could even get more than one local builder to complete for the design phase to see who gets the build phase.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.