Will this PB step up to the CRACK?

JohnH

May 28, 2012
Flower Mound, TX
Haven't enjoyed the pool yet because of cold weather, but been enjoying the spa a lot. :-D

BUT, notice loosing water in a 24 hr period. PB said it would be the skimmer or light. So he sent a diver to the pool, and found a crack, approx. 30" on side of wall. OUCH, didn't see that coming after all the homework I put in to find the right PB.
He's going to send his gunite people to the pool and look at it? The pool is only 2 months old.

My Question, what is the proper way to handle this? From me and the PB?

Didn't see this one coming, any suggestions would be helpful while we are waiting to hear from the PB.

Thanks, John

I will take pictures when I get off work, just got done talking to the PB on the phone. He is sending his workers out beginning of next week and take a look. Also he said they will probably put epoxy inside the crack. I guess they do that underwater? And then we will monitor it, if the leak stops they will mix the plaster to make the same color for the patch work. He seems to take care of the situation.

Crack is where its curving (in the middle)
8704944691_0e3bda4a83_z.jpg

Bottom of Tile to top of return
8706068272_126843cf6e_z.jpg

crack continues to bottom from left side of return (about 30")
8704946471_f39f17cdf2_z.jpg

PB says he will fix it
8704946471_f39f17cdf2_z.jpg

Beautiful pool! Terrible Texas star! No idea how or why you would get a big crack in your shell like that, did they put dye in that area to watch it get sucked out crack? This sucks I hope a fix can be done properly and permanately, and would expect that in writing...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.