Skimmer Socks / Liners

DOMO

Bronze Supporter
Mar 13, 2013
Rowley, MA
Hi all, Looking for opinions on using skimmer socks (liners) on our skimmer baskets. We have 2 dogs, a Golden Retriever and a Chocolate Lab who LOVE to swim. Have heard these help keep the filter clean (dog hair free), but wanted to make sure there are no drawbacks to using them. Also, how often do they need to be changed? Thanks!

I've been stretching a queensized kneehigh stocking over my basket for a couple years now. They load up pretty good with dandelion fluff and whatever else blows in the pool, so dog hair should be no problem. I generally hold it upside down over the trash can when I pull it to vacuum and wipe the stuff off. When they start getting brittle and tearing, I just peel it off and let it drop in the can and put on a new one.

I highly recommend them if you have dogs swimming in the pool, they really do a great job collecting the hair. I always have a few by the pool and when one is gunked up, I put a new one in and take the other in the house, pull the dog hair off, rinse it out and put it back out by the pool with the clean ones so I always have them ready to go. I think changing them out is going to be a matter of just eyeballing it as it totally depends on the amount of debris you are dealing with. I don't know of any drawbacks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.