mkmscr

Mar 1, 2013
Charlotte, USA
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I have a Hayward EcoStar Variable speed pump and I can't find any specs in the manual regarding GPMs. I know there are other factors that can play into this calculation. I am trying to figure out how long I need to run the pump to turn over 23000 gallons of water in one day with the least amount of power consumption. Any thoughts?

You don't need to figure out GPM, which is actually very difficult to find out without a meter, instead adjust the run time based on how the water looks. See the article in Pool School on finding your ideal pump runtime. For your pool I would try an initial guess of 12 hours and adjust from there.

The most cost effective speed for an EcoStar is around 800 RPM. Double check that your skimmers still skim effectively at that speed and the SWG is still happy. If they don't you may need to use a higher speed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.