AQUARITE SWG LIGHTS ON NOT PRODUCING CHLORINE

May 1, 2013
Looking for help my Aquarite generator has a slightly different problem. I turn mine on and the power and the generating lite stay on. When it first starts up these are my readings:
87p
al-1
r1.33

After 10-15 min, power and generating lite still on but these are my readings:
87p
al-1
r1.33

I tested my salt level with a LaMotte pocket tester and it is at 3000ppm
pool company tested salt at 3300
Is the water temp too cold to produce??

Any ideas?? Is it still maybe the black disk?? Thankyou for any help you may be able to lend
New salt cell 2 years ago but same circuit board from 2005

I just purchased an AquaRite controller, so I won't be of much help. I am curious though, what about these readings lead you to believe it isn't generating chlorine? It seems to me that if those two lights are on it is working.

The amps will be zero when the cell is not generating which is normal. If you have it set to 50%, it is only generating for half the time.

If you are not getting a FC reading in the pool, then likely there is a chemistry problem.

Although if that second number is the temperature, then it may just be too cold.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

The second number is the temp. When the fourth number goes to zero, that means it is not generating chlorine. Like I said when I turn it on all is good for about 15 min then the 4th number drops to zero. This happens even if I have the dial to 100% or I move the button to super chlorinate. I'm hoping it is the temp is too cold. From Mass so hoping it starts to warm up. Water was 60 deg yesterday. Any other thoughts on what to look for? How about the current limiter? Would that have anything to do with this problem? Thx for your replies

AquaRite units tend to shutdown at cold temperatures, typically around 60 degrees, though it varies from unit to unit. They turn on for a little while to see if the temperature reading changes, and then give up when it remains cold.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.