If money were no object...

Apr 10, 2013
Dallas, TX
If money were no object, what type of chemical testing equipment would you buy?

Obviously the TF100 is the most cost efficient and best value, but say you won the lottery and could get some high tech equipment, what would it be? I know you don't *need* to be able to read CYA with 0.001 precision on a digital readout, but hey if the money's burning a hole in your pocket, is it even possible?

The higher end Palintest electronic testers are quite good if you want to play with expensive toys, but they aren't really better than the drop tests in any meaningful way. That is to say that they have more precision on several of the tests, but the extra precision does not help you take better care of your pool.

JasonLion said:
The higher end Palintest electronic testers are quite good if you want to play with expensive toys, but they aren't really better than the drop tests in any meaningful way. That is to say that they have more precision on several of the tests, but the extra precision does not help you take better care of your pool.

^Bang on the money

Palintest Pooltest Professional 25
Lovibond Poolcontrol 9in1

Are the benchmark devices, I own a Palintest 7100, lovely piece of kit, easy to use, just the price of the re-agents which is astronomical for genuine Palintest re-agents, Lovibond prices are far more comfortable (hindsight is great) It's a bit like printers though, most of the re-agents (especially the common tests) can be supplemented with compatible re-agents with little drop in accuracy.

They do have their uses, ease of use, considerably faster and considerably high accuracy, but for a residential owner the initial outlay is quite prohibitive.

Still need an FAS-DPD test kit though for measuring FC and TC above 10ppm (mine only does TC between 10-250ppm) so they are not all singing, all dancing replacements to your TF-100 test kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.