How to drain pool?

Apr 29, 2013
[attachment=0:3n9acfo6]phpKwC57RPM.jpg[/attachment:3n9acfo6]I just purchased a new home with a pool and we had a huge rain storm yesterday. It literally rained all day and night. I believe the water level is way too high as it's covering the filter intake completely. I think I need to lower the water level by at least a couple inches. I've attached a picture of my setup. Would greatly appreciate any advice and thanks in advance.

Attachments

• phpKwC57RPM.jpg
    phpKwC57RPM.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 107
With your filter you do not have a multi-valve that would allow for you to drain to waste.

I think you can open the drain on the filter and maybe hook up a hose there to then pump out the water.
Or you could replace the 90 degree fitting that turns down after the pump with a T fitting and in the open end put a spigot valve that would allow you to hook up a garden hose and drain water off that way.

Do you have a place in the yard that is lower than the pool level? If so, you could just use a hose to siphon the water out.

Ummm ... yeah the pump would have to be on to force the water out of the top of the filter (with the pump off, you are allowing air INTO the filter and the water to drain back to the pool).

BUT, I do not think you want to spray that much water all over everything ... I suppose it will work, but pretty slowly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.