Question about the TA test with the TF-100 test kit

Apr 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
It says in the instructions for the TA test to:

"3. Add R-009 one drop at a time, swirling between each drop. Wipe the tip of the bottle after every drop with a damp cloth."

I'm wondering about the "Wipe the tip of the bottle after every drop with a damp cloth" part. Why is this necessary? And how important is it?

Krtismo said:
It says in the instructions for the TA test to:

"3. Add R-009 one drop at a time, swirling between each drop. Wipe the tip of the bottle after every drop with a damp cloth."

I'm wondering about the "Wipe the tip of the bottle after every drop with a damp cloth" part. Why is this necessary? And how important is it?
Static electricity can build up and cause the drops to be smaller than they should be, which will give you a false high TA reading. Probably only necessary for the first couple days, and anytime your TA makes an unexpected jump.

I CERTAINLY noticed this when I got my new kit this year TA with old test was about 70 and then with the new test was 120. I could visually see that the drops were not as big and seemed to jump off the tip quickly.

Confirmed with Dave that this is indeed what happens and that usually the static goes away after a while. I still have to be careful and think it may still be reading a little high, but it is not as bad as my initial tests.

My problem was at first the regent was just falling out as soon as I turn the bottle over. So I was have to squeeze the bottle upright and turn it over while sucking in to be able to control the drops.

Usually, you should be able to just squeeze out a nice drop every second and not hat to such air back in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.