Polaris Booster pump quick connect replacement

earnie

May 27, 2009
My polaris PB4 quick connect broken off from the output pipe. I saw the replacement part but I am confuse whether i need to change the whole quick connect or just the oring that attached hose to the quick connect please see attached pic. Do i have to ungule / cut out the quick connect to install new quick connect?

Attachments

• quick connect_min.jpg
    quick connect_min.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 76
Are you sure its broke? If I recall (its been a while) yours looks fine....slip the nut from the hose back, push the hose over the nipple and just tighten the nut. The nut doenst thread into anything but rather catches on the hose and acts like a compression ad hoq connecton.

I dont ever recall the red pull offs to do anything at all.

I am farily certain, but it has been a while.......

Other input?

JH Jr is correct, but has it reversed....

Slip the nut off the hose and onto the "nipple" of the connection. Make sure it is oriented correctly - look at the other one in the background. Then, you might want to cut a little off the hose to get to "virgin" hose, slip it back on the nipple with the nut sitting at the bottom. Then the nipple slides up onto the hose. The red retainers are to keep the nut from slipping down and letting the hose loose, causing a "flying hose, pool draining dance" while the pump is on. :)

Clay

Don't like the Polaris Soft Tube Quick Connect.
Happened to have windows open and fortunately heard water spraying. One of the connecters plastic has degraded and disconnected, thankfully turned off equipment. That could have burned up filter and Polaris Buster motors.
Thinking the new Polaris Softube Quick Connects R0617100 to be a much improved product.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.