Horrible Nebraska weather

tlwilson

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 15, 2010
Nebraska
It is snowing in May. We opened our pool a week ago and have it looking great. Clear, sparkly, balanced water thanks to BBB and the Trouble Free Pool website. The weatherman says it will get down to 32 tonight and 29 tomorrow night. I will leave my new Pentair Intelliflow pump running. Is there anything else I should do to avoid damage from a freeze?

Just keep a little water moving and you will be fine .... that may not get cold enough for long enough to cause any problem even if you did not run the pump. It takes many hours well below freezing before anything would freeze solid.

Even with our unseasonably cool Spring, water temp was 56 degrees the day we opened on April 24th. On the bright side, the water was pretty clean and didn't take much effort at all to get it in shape. I wouldn't have minded not swimming for a while if I could just go out and putter around the pool. Call me strange, but I love testing, brushing and keeping it pristine. Not as much fun testing the water with a winter coat on!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.