liner issue

May 23, 2010
union beach n.j.
im having a liner replaced and the walls bubbled at the bottom of the shallow end and they had to drain and reset it. now the bottom of the walls are not flush again maybe 5 inches away from walls a little better then before but I don't think that's normal. my old liner was flush around all the walls I think this liner is a bit to small the paper says its 20x39 is that normal for a 20x40 pool? (Grecian). this is not good I cant have these air pckets at the botoom of the walls there will be countless holes popped in the liner. im filling pool right now they cut the staircase out today but will be another day before water reaches the shallow end and I am afraid it will have to be drained again I don't think the weight of the water will push the liner in as it seems its already at its full stretch point any insight on this would really be great. thanks

I think you will have to wait to see if it fits...until there is water in the shallow end and some sun to stretch it. is it only off the wall on the short end or also on the long sides?

I do not know for sure, but I would think 40' should be 40', not 39'.

Some of our liner manufacturers tell us that liners will stretch to double their stated size without damaging the liner. Now for what I think when the sun gets on it, and water temps increase above 70 degrees you will probably only have a fond memory of the problem you are fretting over.

woodyp said:
In math terms, that's still about a 2% stretch factor length wise.

:?:

do any installers use 20x39 liners I did a search and its really vaigue. I suspect this is the wrong size liner, this would be a custom liner and I do not have a custom pool its a 20x40 just measured three times to make perfectly sure and I already new this.

swimcmp said:
Some of our liner manufacturers tell us that liners will stretch to double their stated size without damaging the liner. Now for what I think when the sun gets on it, and water temps increase above 70 degrees you will probably only have a fond memory of the problem you are fretting over.

sun been on it for two days 70 here, its been 8 days in total they been working on this, they have sand bags trying to push down on the air pockets but its still not working.its a little more then fretting when im about to pay $4000 for a possible future liner nightmare.

How expensive is your water? Many places water is about $0.005/gallon, making it about $150 to fill your pool. If you have a sewer charge, often the municipality will waive that if you call then and tell them you are filling a pool.

I sure would give it a chance, it sound like it is close (5 inches) and should stretch (come sunlight and warmer daytime temps). Since you are using an installer, there should be some guarantee in there work that may include water costs...especially if they did the measurements.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.