Robotic Cleaners - Jet or No Jet? - HELP

Jan 7, 2013
I'm going to purchase a robotic pool cleaner and have somewhat narrowed my choices:

Non-Jet Units:
AquaBot - Junior
Dolphin - Nautilus
Polaris - 9100
Smartpool - Smartkleen
- Scrubber 60
- Climber
SwimBot - HD

Jet Units
AquaBot - Turbo T Jet
- Thunder G Jet

I'm looking for any feedback on these! It's quite an investment and I don't want to make the wrong purchase. I have an in-ground 20,000 saltwater, pebble-tec pool. Depths of 3 1/2' to 6 1/2'

I use the Aquabot T Jet Turbo I like it very simple. For your pool type I mind suggest a scrubber type. The ones I see pop a lot in search results are the Dolphin, Aquabot and Smartpool. I know Aquabot and dolphin have a somewhat large support backing.

I agree the Aquabot T is a nice simple design. However, I tried one and found that as it picks up dirt, the propulsion jet is directly reduced. In my case, then meant that very quickly it would end up stuck in the deep end.

You can only set a time for when it reverses directions, it would slowly try to climb out of the deep end and then reverse and quickly end up at the bottom again, eventually it would not have enough time to climb out.

Likely it would work pretty well on flat bottom pools or those shallow depth changes.

I agree when I use the fine mesh bag it will slow down after a few hours but by then it usually has done a pretty decent job, however if you use the standard mesh it doesnt have much of an issue slowing down. I had to adjust the timer and axle pivot degree a few times but compared to vacuuming and that it cost me 499.00 I cant complain. I sort of worried about the using a scrubber type robot on a vinyl pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.