Intellichlor SWG making how much chlorine?

choitink

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 12, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Regarding Intellichlor IC40: How much chlorine will this produce?
Specifically, any rough math to equate chlorine production time to FC rise.

I can set this IC40 to any percentage of pump run time, so I can then figure how many minutes/hours the SWG is producing. So, it makes a certain volume of chlorine per minute or hour?

Bottom line - What ppm FC rise per minute or hour of run time in 13,300 gal assuming clean, covered water?

Don't have the precise answer, but I will give you my experience.

I have a ~18,500 Gallon pool. I ran my pump on low and kept my IC40 @ 20% (lowest possible). I had too much clorine produced. I noticed your pool is 13,300 gallons - so I'd anticipate you'll have the same issue. I'm going to try running my pool only 18 hours, and see if that rectifies the situation.

Good luck!

You don't need to know that. Set the percentage to something, wait a few days, measure the FC level, if it is too high turn the percentage down, if it is too low, turn the percentage up. That is what you will ultimately need to do in any case, even if you do the math to figure out chlorine production.

JasonLion's answer is correct. Simple trial and error will let you zero in on a setting within a week or so.

I have a very similar setup to the OP's pool. My first season, I wound up running my IC40 at around 10-15 percent with the pool pump on about 12 hours per day. I found that I did need to make occasional adjustments throughout the summer to compensate for temperature, bather load, crud getting in the pool, etc. Generally though, those changes were quite small, maybe changing the duty cycle by 2-3 percentage points.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.