Correct time zone abbreviation will not display!

seadogg

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 5, 2007
Southeast Texas
When I type "T" at the end of the string in the Date Format box, on the Profile page, I get "GMT" instead of the correct time zone abbreviation - which is CDT in my case. I tried typing "e" and "eT" but it's still not correct. What am I doing wrong?

just choose the correct timezone from the dropdown box in the profile page... no typing required!! :) In your case, GMT - 5 will get you to CDT.

ETA: nevermind, I don't know what I am talking about. I went back and got same results as you... why not just leave it as the default? Since you list where you live in your profile, we will know approximately what timezone you are in anyhow!!

The Mermaid Queen said:
just choose the correct timezone from the dropdown box in the profile page... no typing required!! :) In your case, GMT - 5 will get you to CDT.

Thanks - but the time is correct. I'm trying to get it to display "CDT" as I'm using different computers in different time zones. It's not a big deal, I should be able to remember that I have it set to Central Daylight Time! :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.