Need Feedback on the LaMotte 2056 colorQ

Apr 29, 2013
Owasso, OK
Split by moderator from HERE. Please create your own thread for new questions. Thanks, jblizzle

Any feedback on the LaMotte 2056 colorQ Pro 7 digital test kit? I know its pricey but my eyesight is failing and I have a problem with color differentiation...not totally color blind.
I followed Trouble Free Pool recommendations for opening up my green slimy pool and was so impressed. Now I'm excited to try the BBB method.

Pool: 18,000 Fiberglass w/ 2 waterfall features
Salt Generator: Circupool RJ 30
Filter: Hayward Sand (20 GPM/FT2)
Pool Pump: Hayward Super II 1.5 hp
Water feature Pump: Hayward Super II 1.0 hp
Rheem Heater

Welcome to tfp, amgreen5 :wave:

Other than the ph test, all of the other tests in the recommended test kits: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/pool_test_kit_comparison are easy to do and are drop based...for example measuring FC, the last drop the changes for example pink to clear is your value. The lamotte colorq can work, but some of the tests are not reliable compared to the kits in the post above...for example cya which is very important.

Small photometers tend to be cheap and inaccurate and are more costly in the long term than the real mccoys. If you seriously need to consider a photometer, you should look at Palintest in the USA or Lovibond/Palintest in Europe/Asia. These are the only two companies whom are worthy of consideration in the Photometer market IMHO, they require little calibration and accuracy is massive compared to anything else on offer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.