First time opening after going BBB...

Sep 22, 2011
I opened my pool this weekend. It's only my second time opening and the first time after going BBB last year. The water was pretty darn clear immediately after removing the cover. I took the cover off Friday night, and then Saturday I got the filter equipment going. By Saturday night, the pool looked crystal clear. Could have gone swimming were it not for my shock-level chlorine amounts (and the 55% water temp.).

Here's some pictures:

Attachments

• 20130426_200222.jpg
    20130426_200222.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 258
  • 20130427_132539.jpg
    20130427_132539.jpg
    439.2 KB · Views: 257
  • 20130428_091718.jpg
    20130428_091718.jpg
    511.9 KB · Views: 257
Thanks... I'm really appreciative to this forum for all of its help. I have a feeling I'd be hating pool ownership at this point were it not for this forum and all the information it contains.

That's incredible. How do you get your water to stay so perfect after its closed?

I keep my levels as close to perfect all summer long as I can.
I also close very late and open very early. I live in NY and close the end of November.
So I am maintaining the pool far into cold weather.

When I open it every year I have a dark green SWAMP :hammer:

It only takes me a couple of days shocking to get perfect, but if it looked like yours when I opened it, I think I would throw a party that day :cheers:

Your pool looks amazing! Congrats!!! Now go swimming! :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for all the compliments. I wish I had a secret, but I really have no idea. The pool has a mesh safety cover, but I know a few people who also have safety covers and their pools look like swamps when opening. I do open early and close late, but I don't think that's it. Actually, the only thing I use my pool store for is closing the pool. Maybe I should give them credit. When I bought the house, the prior owner raved about the cover and promised I would have great water when I opened. I was skeptical, but two years in a row...

Kevin

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.