Welcome to TFP! :wave:

If you start reading at the top of Pool School, all the terminology is explained and you should quickly get up to speed.

I am sure you can understand that we are entering the busy season for the forum, and any learning you can do using all the previous documentation is greatly appreciated.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

As much as i would like to give you an amount, I can't give you an accurate amount until you provide the following information....

Accurate test results for the following chemical levels in your pool....you can read about them here pool-school/pool_water_chemistry

Free Chlorine
Combined Chlorine
Total Alkalinity
Cyanuric Acid
Acidity/Alkalinity

An indication of how you currently maintain the chlorine levels in your pool. If you've no idea read here pool-school/types_chlorine_pool

Maybe explain why you have no chlorine.

I also need to understand what your water currently looks like. Is it clear? Is it green? Is it cloudy?

It would be nice to know what type of filter you have and a little about your current maintenance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.