equipment pad

wildwilly1 said:
i do have to provide a pad for filter and pump to set on. guy at pool store said to get some paver stone what are your guys thoughts on this stone airconditioner pad or what ?
Hard to get a paver level and have it stay that way for years. I'd pour a pad. I think they sell plastic forms for pouring AC pads. That's what I'd use.

I agree poured pad, and the more spread out your equipment the better when of comes time to do maintenance, also I would require all pieces of equipment to be connected with screw together PVC Unions. It may add $30-$40 now, but will save lots in the future when it comes time to replace pumps, filters, valves, etc.

i was thinking how i could figure out where to pour pad until they install the pool i want it close to pool they will have to do some digging to install pool i dont want it in the way nor do i want it too far away

Do you already have electricity to the site? If so you likely want to locate your pad near where the electrical service already exists, either way you will have trenching, but plain PVC pipe tends to be a lot cheaper than PVC conduit, plus copper wires, and paying an electrician to pull them.

I picked up two 2ftX3ft patio blocks and placed them on top of a base of leveled crushed stone. Seems to work good, plenty of room for the pump, cartridge filter, chlorinator (which I won't be using anymore!!) and all the PVC piping. Home Depot and Lowes should have them. But, they are heavy!!! :lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.