Posting same question on TFP and PoolForum?

seadogg

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 5, 2007
Southeast Texas
I know some of the history of TFP and that Sean and LOTS of other members came from (and continue to use) The PoolForum.

Would it be a problem to all the members who continue to visit both forums to post the same question at each one?
Maybe I should add a footnote to the post, that it has also been submitted to the other one?

I think TFP is great but I don't want to miss out on the experience and knowledge at The PoolForum from the members there that don't use this one. I'm also concerned that a question may not get answered because "someone at the other forum will answer it".

I'm only asking about TFP and The PoolForum because of the unique history/relationship between the two.

Am I needlessly concerned?

Thanks,
Jim

I wouldn't worry about it too much. As a general rule it is better to ask one place and then only ask in the other place if you don't get a response. But, you can post both places if you really want and there isn't really any need to mention that. Several of the people who answer questions in both places may well notice, but they have gotten fairly used to it by now. If you have a simple/basic question it is going to be much better to only ask one place, so the entire conversation is all in one place. But for real puzzlers you are better off asking both places. I know that there have been a couple of cases where conversations between someone asking a question and one of the people responding got kind of mixed up because the conversation spanned more than one forum and it was difficult to keep track of the thread of the conversation.

For the most part you will get similar, or even the same, answer both places, often from the same person both places. I think we tend to answer more quickly here and you will usually get more different people responding here just because we have more active members right now.

JasonLion said:
I wouldn't worry about it too much.....I know that there have been a couple of cases where conversations between someone asking a question and one of the people responding got kind of mixed up because the conversation spanned more than one forum and it was difficult to keep track of the thread of the conversation.

For the most part you will get similar, or even the same, answer both places, often from the same person both places. I think we tend to answer more quickly here and you will usually get more different people responding here just because we have more active members right now.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I just posted a question about adding jets to an AG pool that could turn into one of the potential crossover problems you mentioned, but I think I'll post it there anyway as I would like to get as many opinions as possible!

Thanks again,
Jim

seadogg said:
Would it be a problem to all the members who continue to visit both forums to post the same question at each one?

Am I needlessly concerned?

Thanks,
Jim

Your body will become covered with boils and frogs will rain down into your green pool! :shock: :shock: :-D :hammer: :whip: :rockon:

(Just kidding. I don't see any problem with it at all. The Mods at PF know their stuff and Card's sense of humor is great!)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.