PDA won't activate "cell on"

Apr 28, 2013
Jandy aquapure 1400 3 port cell. So my sensor is new, my PDA works properly(enough), my control board has power, flow, salt is at 3400, no codes. "Cell On" doesn't happen from the PDA program. In service mode everything works and displays great. This is an inherited pool and everything seems to be functioning otherwise. I'm stumped. Everyday I am putting it in service mode to generate chlorine, since I realized last week that my water was cloudy. Oh and my chemistry is pretty good too.

Re: PDA won't activate "cell on"

Cochise said:
Jandy aquapure 1400 3 port cell. So my sensor is new, my PDA works properly(enough), my control board has power, flow, salt is at 3400, no codes. "Cell On" doesn't happen from the PDA program. In service mode everything works and displays great. This is an inherited pool and everything seems to be functioning otherwise. I'm stumped. Everyday I am putting it in service mode to generate chlorine, since I realized last week that my water was cloudy. Oh and my chemistry is pretty good too.

Try running a diagnostic from the PDA to see if it a truly working correctly. Check your connects just to be safe and the other thing you might try are replacing the batteries in the PDA and the 9V is the panel. I have seen my PDA act weird when the batteries are low. The next thing to try is delete the cell on program and the. Re-add it and then see if that might help you. What you could do is delete the program and to get it add it back in and set it for 5 mins from when you added it in I.e. if it is noon when you add in the program make it start at 1205 to test the program and if it works delete it and add in your normal time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well diagnostics are fine batteries are new and deleting and changing program did nothing. M " delete cell on program"??? There is no cell on, on the PDA program that I am aware. The chlorine cell comes on with the pump program, that's why the aquapure is displayed in percentages. Am I missing something on my PDA display?

No your not messing anything. I just used cell on from your post. The pump program is what I meant. If you had a aquapure 1400 before it should work fine unless you had something else going bad the same time the other cell went bad.

Got a question. Is this a new install or have you just replaced the cell?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The only thing I can think of is either loose wiring or the aquapure board in the control panel went bad. Can you take a video of it running in auto mode and then switch to service mode and then switch back to auto. It will give me a better idea of what your panel is doing. The manual states check the wiring which it could be that cause service mode locks the pda out of the system.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.