Man, I HATE this BBB stuff...

gboulton

Bronze Supporter
Apr 24, 2012
Nashville, TN
So we pulled the cover off today for our first official "opening" as pool owners, and LOOK at this mess we found!

EjkJqAm.jpg

:lol:

A bit of dirt at the bottom from a brief upset with the cover...other than that, nothing but nice clear water. :goodjob:

Filling now, will backwash the filter then fire things up, and start water testing, but really don't anticipate anything will be too far out of whack.

Thanks, BBB gang!

Thanks, Dave! :)

I really have to say :lovetfp: for all the good info around here. The pool was an absolute joy all summer last year for our first season, rather than a "chore", and promises to be so again this year.

Obviously, we've got some vacuuming and skimming and testing to do...but this was a very rewarding first "opening", to be sure!

I'll update as we get everything filled and up and running for season 2.

Filling is almost done this morning (need about another 1" of water or so) and the numbers are...well...it's kinda ridiculous that they look this good. :)

• Temp : 58* F[/*:m:10rdtvar]
  • FC : 2.5 (Been filling 10" or so with city water, and emptied a gallon or so of Chlorox into it last night when I started the fill)[/*:m:10rdtvar]
  • CC : 0.0[/*:m:10rdtvar]
  • TA : 80[/*:m:10rdtvar]
  • CYA : 40[/*:m:10rdtvar]
  • pH : 7.4-7.5 (just a HINT yellower than the 7.5 mark)[/*:m:10rdtvar]

In short...I'm gonna go buy some bleach, turn on the pump and vacuum, and call it opened. :lol:

Richard320 said:
Not to nitpick or anything, but that pool would look better with a few bikini models in it.

The wife might be talked into a nice swimsuit...but I don't think she'd go for the whole implication of "models" plural. :lol:

Vette and Jason, thanks for the kind words! :) Compliments like that make all this hard work (2 hours) and thousands of dollars ($4.95) of pool chemicals worth it. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You're welcome Gordon. Good work should be acknowledged.

My pool was 74 this morning. One advantage of living in central Texas.
Gonna have 40 people over this weekend for a baby shower so I'll probably have to nudge it up (FC and temp) for the unwashed and thin skinned!

Update: Me and my big mouth. It is supposed to hit a record low (high 30's) around here tonight and tomorrow. Time to stoke the heater and prepare for a big natural gas bill (cheaper than divorce).

Looks great. On my first season with our pool and already had my niece and nephew in the water at 58 degree too. Water is up to about 65 now and I am hoping we can get it to the high 70s in three weeks when we have a party. I have some rigged up heating systems to help nudge it along. Crossing my fingers...

What I hate the most is I have a dozen bottles of clarifier that the pool store sold me before switching last year that are just sitting on the shelf now of no use. I just don't feel like I'm pouring enough stuff into the pool anymore!

Looks great!

Richard320 said:
Not to nitpick or anything, but that pool would look better with a few bikini models in it.

Just sayin'
:whoot:

Seriously though gboulton, Great Job :goodjob: Your experiences mirror mine. Those who take the leap of faith and question the "conventional wisdom" are justly rewarded.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.