Trying to clean my new green pool

I can see the drain! The pool is clearing! I'm so proud if what I've accomplished...but I could not have done this without TFP. The info and the people available at this forum have been invaluable. I've learned so much and I feel so confident about my ability to take care of my own pool. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Yesterday's numbers:
FC 10.5
CC .5
pH 7.5
TA 110
CH 220
CYA...drum roll please...80

The water is clear, but it still has a blue-green tint, much darker in the deep end, so I brought the pH down to 7.2 and started to shock last night. I dumped enough CL to bring the FC up to 22.5 and went to bed, filter running. Checked the FC again this morning , and it's still 22.5.

I thought that if I have no overnight FC loss, then the CL has nothing to work on, no algae to clear. If this is correct, then what could be causing our greenish tint in the water? Is there something else that I need to do?

Thanks,
Ayn

Did you measure 22.5 last night? You need to confirm that is what you actually had at night when doing the OCLT.

Your filter may just need more time to clear the water.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Now after a partly sunny, mostly cloudy day, the FC is 20, and the CC is 0. The water is quite clear, except for the cottonwood pieces floating on top. I can see to the drain quite clearly, but there's still a bluish-green tint to the water.

I'm going to skim, brush, vacuum...whatever I can get done before the sun goes down...and I'll check back later.

I guess I need to have my eyes checked because apparently, the pool is fine. It's clean, clear, and we swam in it this weekend!

I couldn't tell if my breath was catching from the excitement of finally getting to know the pool I've so carefully tending for weeks...or because it was so freakin' cold!

It was actually very refreshing at 76 degrees and very satisfying to enjoy it from the inside.

I think we can mark this one completed. Thanks for all your help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.