Return Fitting replacement

Mar 18, 2012
Lewisville, Texas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3NyFXYK7E0

InfusionPool Products - How Our V-Fittings Work

Looks pretty cool. Anything wrong with them? Asking because I broke one of my eyeballs trying to adjust it. Is it likely I can change it on my own? Also do I need to drain the water below the return fitting to replace it?

http://www.inyopools.com/HowToPage/how_ ... _jets.aspx

This guide says to use an adjustable grip wrench with a rubber adjustment strap. The one in the picture looks good. Where can I buy a good one? Or should I say reliable without costing all that much.

I suppose I'll know if I can do it myself if the fittings turn with one of these wrenches.

Also on another thread someone mentioned turning the Jandy Valve with the pump off. Is it a really bad thing to turn it with it on? I've been doing that quite a bit. Wonder if that has something to do with my pump not priming.

I've been using my cleaner to clean the bottom and the pump basket fills with leaves. I remove the leaves and restart the pump and it doesn't want to prime. Could switching the Jandy Valve while its on have caused it?

Never seen those V fittings. Interesting.

I just use a set of channel locks to get the old one off. Then I just screw on the new one by hand.

257WbyMag said:
Never seen those V fittings. Interesting.

I just use a set of channel locks to get the old one off. Then I just screw on the new one by hand.

I can't seem to turn it with channel locks so maybe they are glued in. Either that or disuse has made them not want to turn. I've heard some people glue them in or something. It sounds stupid.....but I've heard about it being done.

Also can you confirm if you can do this without draining the water?

Anyone have a good guide on checking the pump for issues? Simple issues I don't want to get into resealing things and such. Someone mentioned having something in the impeller and checking it.

I don't know where this stuff is, but I'm sure there are diagrams. I'm going to google for now see what I can find.

It's a Rubber Wrench. I found mine at Lowes. I use it on pump connections that have the intex type screw on connections and on the intake and return fittings.

I wouldn't think you'd need to drain the pool but it might be easier if you turn off the pump. Only so you're not fighting the return flow pressure while trying to align the threads. If you have salt water, rinse and lube the wrench hinge when your finished or the metal pin will rust.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.