Equipment platform

Jul 17, 2012
So...I was out mowing around pool pump and heater today. When pool was installed last year builder put pump and heater on some type of patio stone. Now they're not sitting very level and are difficult to mow around. I hit the thermostat knob on heater and broke it today. I was thinking of building a platform to get the pump and heater off the ground. Anyone have opinions on this? Just a 2x6 frame on the ground or should I set posts and build it up higher?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best way would be to pour a pad out of concrete. I have seen plastic prefab little pads that some HVAC guys put new a/c units on, although I am not sure where you would get those.

I also used a couple plastic/composite prefabs from my local HVAC supply house....a lot lighter to work with and my place had 36x36 and even 36x38 pads.. .mine are about 3" in height and very stable....well worth looking into for what you need.:)

Sent from my DNA using Tapatalk

In looking closer my equipment is on those plastic/composite pads. Maybe I should just level them better and kill the grass that's around them. I just thought they'd be more protected if they were off the ground a few inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe just digging out the grass 6-12" wide around the pad and put some drainage rock in its place will help a bunch?? It'll keep the mower away and control some weeds as well... .could cut with the mower right it to the rock....

Sent from my DNA using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.