Valve Question

king908

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2013
Hey Guys,

In the process of re-pluming my setup to get the SWG installed.

All my pluming is connected with PVC Cement. Even to the Valves, so I need to cut all the plumbing out and redo.

I have a Hayward 3port with 1 from the Skimmer, 1 from the Bottom Drain, then going into the pump. All 1-1/2"

I was reading that some recommended the Jandy 3 Port, but I was a bit confused to if it would work, since the ports show Inlet, ( I have 2 Inlet) and then Cleaner/Skimmer.

I would assume that this Jandy would be okay, but I would plumb the Skimmer to Skimmer, and Bottom Drain to Cleaner, and then do Inlet going to the Pump.
This sound correct?
Thanks again, definitely going to become a TFP Supporter since doing this project.

Both the Hayward and Jandy valves are very similar and will both work in this setup. The main thing is that the two "straight through" connections must both flow in the same direction, either both into or both out of the valve. Ideally you want inflow on the T connection, which gives you a better seal when one port is closed, but that isn't a big problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.