Little Help needed (prime issue)

Fooled

May 1, 2012
Hey all, long time no post!

Going through the motions of opening the pool this year. Everything went well until i tried turning the filter to actually filter. On backwash, waste, or the lever in the open position the pump pulls water very well... when I switch it over to filter or recirculate it quickly loses prime...

If I press down on the lever for a few seconds, it establishes prime again no problem... any thoughts? I walked through the system and dont see any leaks... but I could be missing something... any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the ideas. I actually ended up taking the filter completely apart and thoroghly cleaning the sand. I put it all back together and its working as expected. Thanks again!

Yeah, it was strange. It felt like an air leak somewhere in the system but I couldnt pinpoint it...

FWIW its a sand filter, and the (separate pump) only stopped prime when set to filter or recirculate... /shrug... onto the next problem! thx again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.