Cloudy pool when Pool Pilot is on

Mar 28, 2013
The problem is that what ever percentage I set my Pool Pilot to, in a day I have a cloudy pool. I do realize that ph levels could have something to do with it but I'm between 7.2-7.4. Around inspection time (this is a hotel) I turn the salt system off and use the chlorine pump to clear the water. This past Mon, after the inspector left (levels were perfect) I turned off the chlorine pump, set the SWG to 35% and by Thurs. morning the pool is cloudy and chlorine levels were way low. Salt level is 3900. I've done everything I know to do but no luck. I'm also not getting much cooperation from the local company who installed it. They simply say that it shouldn't be happening but it is. Shocking the pool when the system is on does no good either.
Any help y'all could give would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to TFP!

Is this an indoor or outdoor pool?

This sounds like a situation we hear about a couple of times a year, almost always in the early spring, where the SWG saturates the water with micro-bubbles, which cause the water to turn cloudy, but dissipate after a few hours with the SWG off. If that is the problem, you should not be having any problems with FC levels, just cloudy white/gray water.

If you are indeed having problems maintaining the correct FC levels, please post a complete set of water test results.

This is an indoor pool. At this time my levels are as follows; Salt-4100, Ph.-7.4, Alk.-80 ppm., Chlorine - 2.0
[attachment=0:3af9ly4y]readings.png[/attachment:3af9ly4y]

Attachments

• readings.png
    readings.png
    13 KB · Views: 42
Also I need to add that when I took over this position at the end of Sept., the SWG was out of order for who knows how long. When I had it repaired in early Oct., I could see the cloudiness entering the pool immediately. The tech. said it would clear up but of coursr it hasn't.

Try increasing the flow to the Pool Pilot manifold. If you notice that the bubbles are mainly coming out of one return jet (which is usually the closest to the pump), try adding a smaller jet oriface to that jet, it should spread the cloudiness more evenly to the other return lines, lessening the appearance of the bubbles. Is your heater currently running?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.